Sunday, June 1, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 7/KINGDOM-Day 6/BONDING


No matter where I go or what I do my first bond is with my mom.

Week 7-/(Malchut) KINGDOM-Day 6/(Yesod) BONDING

We all start off as helpless babies hopefully treated as if we were royalty by caregivers;  parent(s), grandparents or someone else. If everything goes as planned in the world things eventually turn around. Instead of being the one taken care of we are the ones who DO the taking care of. I think the first bonds we make set the stage for all the bonds to follow. Even if we are kings and queens or CEOS we need people to work with as well as a personal BFF, someone to bounce ideas off of, to cry with and cheer with. In a sermon, Devotions upon Emergent Occasions: Meditation #17, the seventeenth-century English author John Donne wrote "no man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main." Pick well the ones we can be close to and open our hearts to. Before writing tonight's piece I broke bread and sought counsel from my closest bond, my mom.  I can only wish you have such a bond.

After nightfall on Sunday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is forty-eight days which is six weeks and six days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment