Friday, May 1, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 4-/Netzach (ENDURANCE)-Day 7/Malchut (KINGDOM)

The Rimonim class buys more boxes of cereal to count the omer.

Week 4-/Netzach (ENDURANCE)-Day 7/Malchut (KINGDOM)

"Jesus said 'If those who lead you say to you, 'Look, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will get there first. If they say, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will get there first. Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the children of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, then you dwell in poverty, and it is you who are that poverty'."
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

The sephira of Malchut is said to come not from God directly but from God's creation. My children fall into that category. Today my young charges walked with me to a store to buy more boxes of cereal for counting the omer. I was happy to help them work to perform this mitzvah. For myself I gave a different challenge. I considered going to Baltimore as part of Jews United For Justice who were joining other activists to march for Justice for Freddie Gray. I didn't get past inquiring. I wished someone could take me by the hand like I did for my class. I get it. I am an adult. So next time I will need to work harder.

After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is twenty-eight days which is four weeks of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment