Monday, May 4, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 5-/Hod (SPLENDOR)-Day 3/Tiferet (COMPASSION)

One of the deer I saw on my walk in Rock Creek

Week 5-/Hod (SPLENDOR)-Day 3/Tiferet (COMPASSION)


"Those who are without compassion cannot see what is seen with the eyes of compassion.."
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

We came upon the first deer by accident. It was 7pm. We were walking my friend's dog. All of a sudden the dog went wild and I saw the deer. There were several of them eating their dinner. So beautiful with brown coats amidst the green leaves. Rex was barking and I felt badly he was stressing them out. My heart became full I noticed the deer had not fled. They seemed to realize Rex was on a leash. We watched each other as I came closer to take a photo and my friend walked the dog further away. During the next two hours we would come across several different deer families greeting each with silent love. 

After nightfall on Monday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is thirty-one days which is four weeks and three days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment