Friday, May 22, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 7-/Malchut (KINGDOM)-Day 7/Malchut (KINGDOM)

Barack and I at Adas Israel.

Week 7-/Malchut (KINGDOM)-Day 7/Malchut (KINGDOM)

"You who are journalists, writers, citizens, you have the right and duty to say to those you have elected that they must practice mindfulness, calm and deep listening and loving speech. This is a universal thing, taught by all religions."
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

So many years ago at 8:30am I was born and at 11:00am on this birthday I sat and listened to the President of the United States in one of the sanctuaries in my synagogue. Each year, each month, each day is a journey in itself of ourself that we can choose to take and build outward making ourselves and the world a better place or see it as an onion that we need to peel the layers off. Who am I? So many different answers come to mind but whoever I am if I can try and listen, be mindful of my actions and reactions then I will be tending my small garden which will help the garden of the world where we are all one.

After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is forty-nine days which is seven weeks of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment