Saturday, May 9, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 6-/Yesod (FOUNDATION)-Day 1/Chesed (LOVE)

Moonbeam class with Mimi Schwartz Koenig, front row left.

Week 6-/Yesod (FOUNDATION)-Day 1/Chesed (LOVE)

"As grown-ups, we can remind young people that they're already beautiful as they are; they don't have to be someone else."
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

I have neither partner or children of my own. My love has to go to the children I teach. Some parents understand this and include me in the lives of their (my) children and for this I am blessed. Last night, today and tonight I celebrated Mimi Schwartz Koenig's bat mitzvah. I was there at her naming when she was born. I taught her when she was four turning five and now I am here to celebrate her at thirteen. Tonight I heard her mother Amy give her this blessing "When your kids are thriving, when things are going well, you really feel like you are raising them in partnership with God. We look at our kids, somedays you just hold your breath, at how fabulous they are. If I could bless you with an additional blessing i would hope for you that you would be blessed with the blessings you have been to us  every day of you lives." May it be so. 

After nightfall on Saturday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is thirty-six days which is five weeks and one day of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment