Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 5-/Hod (SPLENDOR)-Day 4/Netzach (ENDURANCE)

The official Race for Hope time.

Week 5-/Hod (SPLENDOR)-Day 4/Netzach (ENDURANCE)


"Don't do any task in order to get it over with. Resolve to do each job in a relaxed way, with all your attention. Enjoy and be one with your work."
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

Why is it that getting an official notice of one's time seems so special? I know what I did because I timed it and yet getting this is a confirmation, a validation. It isn't just the time but looking at how many came after so I can see that too. Last race I was one of the last three people but not this time. We can endure, we can do it but everyone needs to feel a pat on the back, a good job or thumbs up. Now the trick is to realize if I need it then probably everyone else I know does too. Note to self, I have to remember to do that.

After nightfall on Tuesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is thirty-two days which is four weeks and four days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment