Thursday, May 21, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 7-/Malchut (KINGDOM)-Day 6/Yesod (FOUNDATION)

My two brothers when they were young.

Week 7-/Malchut (KINGDOM)-Day 6/Yesod (FOUNDATION)

"Half-smile when you first wake up in the morning. Hang a branch, any other sign, or even the word 'smile' on the ceiling or wall so that you see it right away when you open your eyes. This sign will serve as your reminder. Use these seconds before you get out of bed to take hold of your breath. Inhale and exhale three breaths gently while maintaining the half smile. Follow your breaths."
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

This evening I am thinking of my brothers who were waiting for me to be born. I am also thinking of my mommy who was home alone as my father was in England on business. I think of her, ready to give birth, alone and wonder what she would have been thinking. She and my father had decided I would be a little girl, though they had no proof. It was their third go round and so far they had had two little boys. Would the third time be the charm for a daughter? Maybe but my mother was busy thinking of the practical side of running a house. She decided to mow the lawn before she went to the hospital.

After nightfall on Thursday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is forty-eight days which is six weeks and six days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment