Friday, April 10, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 1-/Chesed (LOVE)-Day 7/Malchut (KINGDOM)

A wall of Turkish "bazar boncugu" in Zaytinya restaurant.

Week 1-/Chesed (LOVE)-Day 7/Malchut (KINGDOM)

“Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear hear the voices of our loved ones.” 
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

We all have something we are afraid of. Children are afraid of being left alone, grownups afraid of being left unloved. How much time is spent with our fears? When I was in Istanbul I bought several of the Turkish bazar boncuqu, the eye shaped amulets of dark blue, designed to protect you against the evil eye. I see them as eyes of God watching over me. They are the eyes of anyone I have loved and who has loved me watching over me. Even I watch over me and with all those watchful eyes how can I help but be safe?!


After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is seven days which is one week of the Omer.




No comments:

Post a Comment