Saturday, April 25, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 4-/Netzach (ENDURANCE)-Day 1/Chesed (LOVE)

The sun is there behind the trees in Rock Creek park.

Week 4-/Netzach (ENDURANCE)-Day 1/Chesed (LOVE)

"Suffering is not enough. Life is both dreadful and wonderful...How can I smile when I am filled with so much sorrow? It is natural--you need to smile to your sorrow because you are more than your sorrow."
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

Listening to the pain of several different friends. There is the death of a mother and special needs of their children. I love them all and it feels so overpowering that I want to help them lighten their load. For the present hugs and my commitment of time will have to do while I think of what else I can offer. We will make it through this. For one the rituals of mourning will help while for the others uncharted paths lie ahead. l am glad to be here for them. 

After nightfall on Saturday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is twenty-two days which is three weeks and one day of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment