Sunday, April 19, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 3-/Tiferet (COMPASSION)-Day 2/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)

Rex wades into the water like we wade into life.

Week 3-/Tiferet (COMPASSION)-Day 2/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)

“One of the deepest teachings given by Buddha is that you should not be too sure of your perceptions. You have to practice looking deeply in order not to fooled by you perceptions. If you are a doctor, you have to be very careful. Even if you are sure, check again.” 
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

As I meditate on the possible news of deception this evening I am feeling Gevurah's "judgement". If the technician at my Apple store is correct good samaritan "Georges" from Romania who said he purchased my stolen iPhone and was returning it is actually a con man. I didn't know him before and I don't know him now yet one minute I have felt admiration and now disgust. Is either emotion right? As with most of life I will probably never know. Using discipline to transform my anger into joy and have compassion on all.

After nightfall on Sunday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is sixteen days which is two weeks and two days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment