Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 3-/Tiferet (COMPASSION)-Day 4/Netzach (ENDURANCE)

Inviting the bell with my class of children in a meadow.

Week 3-/Tiferet (COMPASSION)-Day 4/Netzach (ENDURANCE)

“I always practice looking at things around me, at people around me, at myself; and I can already see my continuation in this flower, or that bush, or that young monk, or that young nun or that young lay person. I see that we belong to the same reality, we are doing our best as a Sangha, we bring the seeds of the Dharma a little bit everywhere, we make people around us happy: so I don't see the reason why I have to die, because I can see myself in you, in other people, in many generations.” 
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

Today I took my class of children on a hike to a meadow. I carried my brown Plum Village shoulder bag and bell. The day was beautiful and after the walk, lunch, and playing I gathered the children together.  As I pulled the bell out one child said "you want us to get calm and focused" which made me smile. In the sound of the bell I remembered last July when I walked with Thich Nhat Hanh in a similar meadow and listened to him invite the bell. Who can know which heart will hold us after we are gone, whose memory we will be.

After nightfall on Tuesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is eighteen days which is two weeks and four days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment