Monday, April 27, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 4-/Netzach (ENDURANCE)-Day 3/Tiferet (COMPASSION)

My friend Rex waits to listen instead of waiting to talk.

Week 4-/Netzach (ENDURANCE)-Day 3/Tiferet (COMPASSION)

"When we listen to someone with the intention of helping that person suffer less, this is deep listening. When we listen with compassion, we don't get caught in judgment. A judgment may form but we don't hold on to it. Deep listening has the power to help us create a moment of joy, a moment of happiness, and to help us handle a painful emotion."
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

So many painful events close and far. My compassion for each is attached to a desire to fix it if possible. I can help be part of a minyan that is close by but do little other than write a check for an earthquake in Nepal. This evening watching protests in Baltimore for  recent police injustice against African-Americans makes me feel I should do even more. Let me do deep listening with myself and not judge so quickly. There will always be more work to do but if I don't get caught up in what I can't do but what I can do that's a start.

After nightfall on Monday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is twenty-four days which is three weeks and three days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment