Thursday, April 16, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 2-/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)-Day 6/ Yesod (FOUNDATION)

The children and I talk about doing the right thing.

Week 2-/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)-Day 6/ Yesod (FOUNDATION)

“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me.                      I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.” 
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

A crazy beginning for me. A Romanian called at 6am to say he purchased the iPhone stolen from me last July in Madrid and wanted to return it. He texted me to say it wasn't kindness but the right thing to do. This simple act pushed me to take my class out to the Garden of the Righteous and speak to them of doing the right thing. The story isn't over yet but a reminder of the soil our feet should stand on.

After nightfall on Thursday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is thirteen days which is one week and six days of the Omer.





No comments:

Post a Comment