Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 2-/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)-Day 4/ Netzach (ENDURANCE)

Looking up at Duke Ellington bridge from the path.

Week 2-/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)-Day 4/ Netzach (ENDURANCE)

Everything, even the trees and the clouds, has come together to bring about the presence of your body. Keeping your body healthy is the best way to express your gratitude to the whole cosmos, to all ancestors, and also not to betray future generations. You practice this precept for everyone. If you are healthy, everyone can benefit from it. When you are able to get out of the shell of your small self, you will see that you are interrelated to everyone and everything, that your every act is linked with the whole of humankind and the whole cosmos. To keep yourself healthy in body and mind is to be kind to all things.” 
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

I am looking up at a bridge I have crossed many times. I am looking up from a running trail. Here I am, jogging, very proud and amazed and stopping to take a photo in case it never happens again. I want to wave at someone up there but the best I can do is text a friend to meet me at the top. I want a witness and that makes me smile. On the one hand I am afraid of bones breaking, knees failing and coming to the end but this feeling I let come in and go out. I focus on how I will come back and jog the same trail after a day's rest. LOL.

After nightfall on Tuesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is eleven days which is one week and four days of the Omer.





No comments:

Post a Comment