Sunday, April 12, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 2-/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)-Day 2/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)

The seeds, the soil and an angel.

Week 2-/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)-Day 2/ Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)

“Feelings, whether of compassion or irritation, should be welcomed, recognized, and treated on an absolutely equal basis; because both are ourselves. The tangerine I am eating is me. The mustard greens I am planting are me. I plant with all my heart and mind. I clean this teapot with the kind of attention I would have were I giving the baby Buddha or Jesus a bath. Nothing should be treated more carefully than anything else. In mindfulness, compassion, irritation, mustard green plant, and teapot are all sacred.” 
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

A day of sowing and reaping. This morning I woke up early to go with a friend on our own Cherry Blossom 5K jog. Step after step, amongst the crowds, this ability something I am reaping after months of walking. Later I came home to plant seeds; reading each seed packet of the kale, holy basil, spinach, lettuce and regular basil. Which pot and which place on my fire escape will give each one just what they need? For each seed, for each soul the same questions.

After nightfall on Sunday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is nine days which is one week and two days of the Omer.



No comments:

Post a Comment