Saturday, April 11, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 2-/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)-Day 1/Chesed (LOVE)

The Gymboss timer app my cousin suggested I use.

Week 2-/Gevurah (DISCIPLINE)-Day 1/Chesed (LOVE)

“You don't have to make any effort during walking meditation, because it is enjoyable. You are there, body and mind together. You are fully alive, fully present in the here and the now. With every step, you touch the wonders of life that are in you and around you. When you walk like that, every step brings healing.” 
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

The meaning of "gevurah" for me this year is "discipline. Loving myself better in body has meant a change in diet and now an increase in exercise. I have taken it very very slow but even so I find it funny to want to go out and jog. In addition to MyFitnessPal I have put three exercise related apps, C25K, MapMyWalk and Gymboss, on my iPhone. I know the trick is to be consistent. I don't push myself instead using deep listening to what my body wants. Always a journey.


After nightfall on Saturday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is eight days which is one week and one day of the Omer.


No comments:

Post a Comment