Friday, April 24, 2015

Count the Omer-Week 3-/Tiferet (COMPASSION)-Day 7/Malchut (KINGDOM)

Three children in a small mountain school in Peru.

Week 3-/Tiferet (COMPASSION)-Day 7/Malchut (KINGDOM)

"We are here to awaken from our illusion of separateness” 
-Thich Nhat Hanh-

In some ways the world is a big place and in other ways a small one. Yesterday's photo reminded me of photos I took of children in a Peruvian mountain school in 2008. My children mostly come to our school in cars while these children walked miles to get there. My children eat a varied & nutritious snack and lunch while these children had a soup of chickpeas. My children wear sneakers, sandals, boots and Mary Janes while these children had no shoes at all. As this shabbat comes in I hope to recommit to every child.

After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is twenty-one days which is three weeks of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment