Monday, April 14, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 1-/LOVE-Day 1/LOVE

National Airport, Washington, DC

Week 1-/(Chesed) LOVE-Day 1/(Chesed) LOVE

It is that time again for Peach seders and the 49 days of omer counting beginning on the 2nd night of Passover, Tuesday night. Our time to really take note of each of our days something we should be doing all year long if we only could. "All you need is love" sang the Beatles. I don't know that it is all you need but the fact it is the first sefirah we start with is always a remarkable thing to me. If only we could approach our Pesach cleaning with love, if only we could approach our interactions with each other with love, if only we could approach how we treat ourself with love, perhaps indeed it would be enough. I write these words as I sit in the airport waiting to fly to Miami and to one of the things I love, the ocean. For the first night I hope you will be WITH someone you love or be THINKING of someone you love as you say the blessing. I will be loving the ones who knowing I would not be with my own community invited me to seder. And yes, they did indeed invite me with love.

After nightfall on Tuesday:


BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is one day of the Omer.


No comments:

Post a Comment