Sunday, April 27, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 2/JUDGEMENT-Day 6/FOUNDATION


A sand castle on the Siesta Key beach.

Week 2-/(Gevurah) JUDGEMENT-Day 6/(Yesod) FOUNDATION


In what kind of soil do the decisions of our life grow? In my house I walk on carpet and out on the fire escape metal floor. I dream of a house with a backyard so I can lay out and push my toes in the grassy soil. One of the best parts of my vacation was having so many opportunities to walk on the beach, barefoot in the sand. I try to nourish my spirit with indoor plants during the winter and when the warmer seasons roll in fill the outside pots. Keeping these organic spirits close at hand helps to cleanse and clarify my thoughts. Yesterday afternoon I visited a friend's garden where there were blooming tulips, other flowers and lettuces. At another friend's house were sprouts of cucumber, kale and sugar pea plants. It made me want to go get things for my own garden.  By the end of the day I purchased and transplanted tomato, bell pepper and lavender plants. I might not have put my toes into the ground but I filled my hands with the good stuff. Ahem.

After nightfall on Sunday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is thirteen days which is one week and six days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment