Friday, April 18, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 1/LOVE-Day 4/ENDURANCE


Me testing out the waters of Siesta Key

Week 1-/(Chesed) LOVE-Day 4/(Netzach) ENDURANCE

I am at the beach and the ocean I love but wouldn't you know it is raining! Raining when I arrived and raining today when I got up. So close and yet not what I imagined. No beautiful sunset. It seems very unfair. No matter what or who we love we have to know there will be times when it rains. What to do then? Be still, take a breath and then jump back in. No matter if it gets a little messy or you aren't quite sure about what to do. I am telling you to jump back in. One story about the crossing of the Reed Sea says that until Nachson jumped into the waters and kept moving forward even though the water came up to his chin, well not until that show of faith did God part the waters. I was thinking of just that image as I went down to the surf even with the rain dizzle and started to walk in and get my toes wet and sandy. If it is really love then we need to be willing to keep on going. I am willing to wait it out and still hoping for my beautiful sunset.

After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is four days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment