Friday, April 25, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 2/JUDGEMENT-Day 4/ENDURANCE

An alligator floats in water that reflects clouds and trees.

Week 2-/(Gevurah) JUDGEMENT-Day 4/(Netzach) ENDURANCE

This morning I had a scare. The space heater in my bedroom caught itself on fire. I was lucky enough to be able to put the fire out with little damage to my home. Still, I know that my soul was shocked. For this writing I knew I had to acknowledge what happened and yet move on. Tonight's omer involves judgment and endurance. My judgment in buying the space heater I thought to be sound and I placed it on a tiled surface with nothing around which could catch fire. Yet it happened. We do the best we can in the judgments we make and hope our decisions will enable us to endure. Looking at this photo I took in Florida while by the side of the road I wonder how you would judge it? Would you know it is of an alley filled with water that is reflecting the sky and clouds? Would you see that in the middle is an alligator waiting for a meal? Making wise choices we take what information we can gather and then we hope.

After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is eleven days which is one week and four days of the Omer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment