Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 2/JUDGEMENT-Day 2/JUDGEMENT

At the end of a Myakka River State Forest parking lot.

Week 2-/(Gevurah) JUDGEMENT-Day 2/(Gevurah) JUDGEMENT

I drove into the entrance of Myakka River State Forest noticing vultures flying overhead. Not thinking much more about them I parked my rental car in the parking lot near the upper lake then walked over to buy a ticket on the next air boat. There was an hour to wait so I walked to the end of the parking lot past my car to a grove of trees with lots of Spanish moss on them. In addition to the trees was this sign saying "warning vultures may cause damage to vehicles". I read the sign several times trying to make a judgement  about what I was being told and what I should do about it. Did they want me to move my car? Were they just covering themselves in case of accidents? What would the vultures do to my car anyway? I needed to make a wise judgement. The judging we do without even thinking about it happens all the time. Judging our judgements without over judging is the ticket lest like the vultures it causes damage to our life.

After nightfall on Wednesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is nine days which is one week and two days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment