Saturday, April 19, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 1/LOVE-Day 5/SPLENDOR


The magnificent colors of a Siesta Key sunset.

Week 1-/(Chesed) LOVE-Day 5/(Hod) SPLENDOR

Last night when I returned to the hotel from evening shabbat services there was little time left before I would have to light my small tea lights to begin the holiday. On a whim I decided to walk down to the beach and listen to the waves. There I was greeted by the last rays of sunset, the splendor of the colors incredible! Love was pouring out of my heart and several of the people next to me started clapping loudly. Thank you, thank you! It was so quick. If I hadn't gone right down I would have missed it all. A lesson to keep our eyes open to the glory of love. Blink your eyes at the wrong time and it may be gone. This morning turned out to be a beautiful day. The social hall the Reconstructionist community was meeting in is next to a lake. I was drawn outside and found myself praying next to a lizard resting on a tree stump. As God and I chatted a fish jumped out of the water and a tall white bird on the other shore stood before me.  God's majesty.

After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is five days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment