Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 1-/LOVE-Day 2/STRENGTH


A simple meal of matzah, melted cheese and carrots.

Week 1-/(Chesed) LOVE-Day 2/(Gevurah) STRENGTH

It has been revealed that in addition to love you do indeed need strength. The revealing came as my flights were late and so was getting my rental car. Instead of leaving Miami airport at 6:30 it was 9:30pm. As I searched for the page of directions to my first seder I received a text saying "the seder is over, sorry". I cried because I realized I had missed the first seder. I cried because I would never know these people who had agreed to let me come to their home. I cried because I was tired and hungry. From a heart of loving kindness came a strength I know not where. I headed for my hotel and a meal of matzah, baby carrots and cheese sticks. How precious was the next night's seder. How tasty was every piece of food I put in my mouth. How fascinating for failings that might have annoyed me normally were trivial now to this traveler and gratefulness was all I wanted to send forth. The strength in our love is knowing  we will get past whatever glitch has come up.

After nightfall on Wednesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is two days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment