Thursday, April 24, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 2/JUDGEMENT-Day 3/BEAUTY


A young dancer near the Siesta Key drumming circle.

Week 2-/(Gevurah) JUDGEMENT-Day 3/(Tiferet) BEAUTY

For several years I have heard about Siesta Key. A friend of mine and her family go there every year. I have heard about white beaches, kayaking and drumming circles. When I was trying to figure out where to go for Pesach I made the judgement that part of the time would be there. I would check and see if there were really powder white beaches for starters (there is) and whether the mangrove kayaking was as interesting (it was). I meant to leave Sunday morning but then I remembered that that night would have been when Miriam and Moses would have crossed the  Reed Sea on their way to freedom. Miriam would have had her timbrel and the women would have had theirs and there would have been lots of dancing. As I walked toward the sound of the drums this beautiful young lady in her colorful outfit danced in front of them. The right judgement is a beautiful thing too and I had been right to stay. 

After nightfall on Thursday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is ten days which is one week and three days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment