Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 2/JUDGEMENT-Day 1/LOVE


I love the beach and I love what this mug says!

Week 2-/(Gevurah) JUDGEMENT-Day 1/(Chesed) Love

Before leaving on my vacation I went shopping for food essentials I could pack in my suitcase to make keeping kosher for Pesach while traveling easier. In between the nuts and instant coffee I  spotted a shelf of mugs with sayings. Not essential perhaps but I needed a chametz free one. I had thought to buy one with flamingos when I got to Florida but the saying "do more of what makes you happy" on it spoke to me so into my cart it went. We make judgements all the time about how we are going to spend every day, every minute. I want to make those decisions with love, increasing the amount of positive light I bring into my life and into the world. Each morning and night I filled my new mug with tea, milk or coffee. I would read the affirmation on it and remind myself to pick whatever I wanted to do to fill my day with happy. Of course there are things one has to do so if we have to do it why not try doing it in as loving a way as possible. 

After nightfall on Tuesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is eight days which is one week and one day of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment