Thursday, April 17, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 1/LOVE-Day 3/BEAUTY


Young girl arranges beach chairs on South Beach

Week 1-/(Chesed) LOVE-Day 3/(Tiferet) BEAUTY

Seeing beauty in love can be obvious like two lovers kissing or a parent hugging a crying child. I was sure of what I would say and what I would show until AFTER the sunrise this morning. Yes God's beautiful love was what I was thinking of. The beauty of sun, sea, sand and surf that I had been praying with. Then I turned and saw her arranging her chairs. A young, petite, summer worker whose name I didn't get. She was taking white lawn chairs off of a pile and putting them out two by two. I watched her carefully move one, then another placing them in an order only she knew. She didn't do it like a chore or something she hated. No she did it in a loving way like it mattered. When I turned to look for the last time as I left the beach and saw her standing by her chairs against the sky I realized she was also doing it beautifully. We should all do whatever job we have as well as her.

After nightfall on Thursday:


BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is three days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment