Sunday, April 20, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 1/LOVE-Day 6/FOUNDATION


Snowy white egret resting amongst the mangroves.

Week 1-/(Chesed) LOVE-Day 6/(Yesod) FOUNDATION

Where does it all begin for us? Where is the foundation of our love? In the beginning there was water it says in the bible and God's spirit moves over the water before any of the rest of creation happens. Today I took a kayak trip on the waters near Lido beach. I saw where great blue herons were resting as well as snowy white egrets and even an osprey nest with mom, dad and two babies. I held a conch  shell with a live conch in it as the guide plucked it out of the water and  watched the spines of a sea urchin move as it sat in my palm. We returned both back to the water hopefully with no harm done. My kayak moved through mangrove alleys the guide said had been dug by prisoners all to help turn fresh water to salt and rid the area of many mosquitos. As my boat moved over the waters I tried to reflect but the guide moved me too fast just like life often does. It is up to us to say stop and make sure we are still solid and strong.

After nightfall on Sunday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is six days of the Omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment