Friday, May 2, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 3/COMPASSION-Day 4/ENDURANCE


A sign as you walk to Sanibel beach from the Seaside Inn.

Week 3-/(Tiferet) COMPASSION-Day 4/(Netzach) ENDURANCE


Last year when I went to visit my auntie Em in Deerfield Beach, Florida I learned about the sea turtles. My mom and I thought the street lighting was poor when we drove to our hotel but later my aunt told me this was to help protect the sea turtles. On the beach I discovered strings and pegs put around turtle nests again to help protect them there as well. This year when I went to Florida I saw the signs about low lights in areas near the beach and at the hotel on Sanibel that I stayed at the sign by the beach even said that chairs were not permitted on the beach after sundown again because of the turtles. It is a case of compassion for these animals to try our best to have them endure and continue to grace our world. We are asked to compromise some of what we want to do not just one time or one year but again and again. Our compassion is tested over and over at times but those who need our care need us to be strong and diligent.

After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is eighteen days which is two weeks and four days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment