Friday, May 30, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 7/KINGDOM-Day 4/ENDURANCE


Everyone happily asked for a clover necklace.

Week 7-/(Malchut) KINGDOM-Day 4/(Netzach) ENDURANCE

It seems funny to speak of endurance as we get to closer to the end of counting the omer. One of the things I like to do is watch/look/listen to the children I teach and imagine how they will grow. What will happen to them? What are the possibilities? Who will continue to keep their sense of humor? Which one of them will still be thought of as funny by their peers? Will they all do the right thing or will something happen to send them down a wrong path? Their light and laughter is what always endures for me and keeps me doing what I do. This week as we start to wind down all of us lay out on the hill covered with clover flowers. The children picked them and then I made them necklaces. One or two tried to copy what I did and so make a necklace too. One tried to show another the tips I had shown her. This too is endurance. Our bodies may fail and die but still we may be remembered and thus endure. I looked at them with their necklaces, so sweet. Amen.


After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is forty-six days which is six weeks and four days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment