Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 7/KINGDOM-Day 1/LOVE


A small altar in the corner of Toe Tally Nail salon.

Week 7-/(Malchut) KINGDOM-Day 1/(Chesed) LOVE


This last week of the omer is about leadership. How do we lead ourselves and how do we lead others. In order to be good leaders who bring out the positive we need to start with love. How we love ourselves means taking care of our body as well as our mind. Something I have started doing in the last year is to get a monthly pedicure. The person at the salon doesn't just paint my nails but massages my legs. The session is a way to regularly center myself and starting with the part of the body that first lands on the earth and supports the rest of me seems important. A pedicure is a physical experience but in the corner of the salon is a small altar with sculptures to represent gods and offerings of food. It is a reminder to me that everything is connected spiritually even something like getting a pedicure. These gods may not be my God but in my opinion all paths will lead to the one God so I take this moment and rededicating myself. Amen.

After nightfall on Tuesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is forty-three days which is six weeks and one day of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment