Friday, May 9, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 4/ENDURANCE-Day 4/ENDURANCE

Four of my children's omer calendars..

Week 4-/(Netzach) ENDURANCE-Day 4/(Netzach) ENDURANCE


We have made it to the half way point in counting the omer or perhaps I should say "I" since who can say if you have been following, reciting and counting. One aspect to doing this mitzvah falls right into the endurance category. Easy enough to do it for a while but can you remember to do it over and over, night after night and not skip one. For many years I would start with great intention but then fall short. Part of the reason I started publishing my thoughts about the omer was to make sure I would follow through. As with Weight Watchers my theory was that if I was held accountable by others (even if I only thought I was being held accountable) well then it was more likely to be something I would do. The other night when I took my mom to a hotel for her birthday a friend emailed me to remember to count. She knew that being away in a strange place can make it harder to remember. May we all endure in those things we need most to do.

After nightfall on Friday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is twenty five days which is three weeks and four days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment