Sunday, May 18, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 5/SPLENDOR-Day 6/FOUNDATION


Friends leaving a funeral stop to chat.

Week 5-/(Hod) SPLENDOR-Day 6/(Yesod) FOUNDATION


Officially I started my day with breakfast in bed. The real beginning of my day was making my way to a funeral home. You see the father of a friend of mine died this weekend and the funeral was today.  I never met the man who died. I didn't know most of the people there. I went to the funeral to support my friend. After arriving I saw mutual friends I haven't see for a while who also came to support our friend. Once upon a time a bunch of us regularly got together for dinners living in the same neighborhood as we did. Years passed, some got married, one had a child and several purchased homes in areas not within walking distance. What was a splendid close knit group grew apart. As I listened to the eulogy and sat with my friends on the benches of the funeral home I thought it sad it took a death to get us together. At the same time I also realized that even as we have grown apart we still are connected by a foundation of love and respect.

After nightfall on Sunday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is thirty-four days which is four weeks and six days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment