Saturday, May 24, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 6/BONDING-Day 5/SPLENDOR


First was the serious birthday photo and then this one.

Week 6-/(Yesod) BONDING-Day 5/(Hod) SPLENDOR


Everyone should have a day to feel like royalty, to be crowned king or queen and feel totally loved by their "subjects" or rather the people who care. Actually we should probably have that feeling everyday but at least for one day, on our birthday, we should feel extra special. My birthday was on Thursday, my crown was made of paper and for the moment my subjects were the pre-schoolers in my class. They brought me paper pictures and cards, presents of beaded necklaces and handmade clay pots. They also brought me lots of hugs and danced around me singing and even tried lifting me up while I sat on our green blanket. This bonding with students, with anyone who you teach and share what you have learned can't be overrated. There is something splendid in the passing on of ourselves to someone else whether it be to grownups or children. We have planted seeds and then seen them bloom. A really wonderful feeling.

After nightfall on Saturday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is fourty days which is five weeks and five days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment