Monday, May 5, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 3/COMPASSION-Day7/KINGDOM


A pink hibiscus flower growing on a bush.

Week 3-/(Tiferet) COMPASSION-Day 7/(Malchut) KINGDOM


Compassion may not always be something we plan for but something that happens as natural as a flower blooming and shines as beautifully. I was thinking about some of the problems going on at work, stuff coming out of all our crap when someone who used to work with us came by. I was thinking about talking over some of my issues with her, sharing and getting another perspective. Then it came out that she had lost her mother. All of a sudden any problem I might have had seemed tiny compared to her loss. I went close and decided to teach her Thich Nhat Hanh's hugging meditation. As I held her for the three breaths I could feel her pain come into and out of my body. I knew that this moment was really calling for my compassion. Thee we spoke of heartache and how best to remember the good stuff. Like the royalty we are we can hold up others.l

After nightfall on Monday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is twenty one days which is three weeks of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment