Monday, May 12, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 4/ENDURANCE-Day 7/KINGDOM


One of the many signs I saw in JDS, Jewish Day School.

Week 4-/(Netzach) ENDURANCE-Day 7/(Malchut) Kingdom


This afternoon I left my own classroom to go observe the classrooms of a Jewish day school, JDS. It is one of the Jewish schools in this area parents might be interested in. I want to be able to give my opinion if it is a good fit for a child should a parent ask. Education is definitely one of the things that endures and that goes for whether you are five or fifty. I had a lunch with the other educators and director of JDS. Then we took a stroll into the various younger classrooms and one of the things I noticed was all the signs. In one of the rooms was a sign that read "Make your dear teacher happy" and its old fashioned look really struck me. I started thinking of my own teachers and how I had made some of them happy. Teachers you love seem like royalty one is honored to learn from. Teachers who have insight and are able to help guide us in our life path are better than kings or queens, more like angels. Why wouldn't we want to make them happy?!

After nightfall on Monday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is twenty eight days which is four weeks of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment