Thursday, May 15, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 5/SPLENDOR-Day 3/COMPASSION


My poor wounded hand after it got bandaged.

Week 5-/(Hod) SPLENDOR-Day 3/(Tiferet) COMPASSION


Preparing for our class shabbat tomorrow making challot and lasagnas. Since it is a bit impossible for us all to celebrate together in real time this is our best attempt to experience the splendor of shabbat. We will eat,  the children will be very cute, sing and then we will come together in some dances. All was fine until I decided to portion the challah dough by using a newly purchased knife of the school. One of my mantras with the children is to focus on whatever the task is at hand in order to do the best job possible. For a moment I let my mind wander to everything that needed to be done and the knife cut across the top part of my palm. Eeek! I tended to it best I could, finished up my work and then ran off to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. The pharmacist noticed my wound and in a wonderful compassionate move offered to clean and bandage the hand. It was a small thing but often it is the small acts that matter.


After nightfall on Thursday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is thirty-one days which is four weeks and three days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment