Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 4/ENDURANCE-Day 2/JUDGEMENT


A crew team practices on the Potomac river at sunset.

Week 4-/(Netzach) ENDURANCE-Day 2/(Gevurah) JUDGEMENT


Tonight I began the celebration of my mom's birthday. I want to celebrate not just the fact of her birth but the fact of how long she has endured. My mom had eleven brothers and sisters and her mother died giving birth to the last sibling. My mom was only fourteen, the family was pretty poor but everyone pitched in and managed to survive. There wasn't anyone to show my mom the ropes as she grew up, got married and had children of her own. She had to use her own judgment and for that I thank her. Part of our evening was spent watching a symphony orchestra play four pieces of music, dancers who interpreted two dances and before the music started a crew team practicing on the Potomac river. What all of these groups had in common was their discipline. I was inspired by the trained muscles of the dancers and crew team and the graceful bow work of the orchestral strings. It reminded me that endurance is built up by repetition which I need to be more committed to. And you?

After nightfall on Wednesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is twenty three days which is three weeks and two days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment