Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Counting the Omer-Week 7/KINGDOM-Day 2/JUDGEMENT

A plaque with Psalm 23 written on it.

Week 7-/(Malchut) KINGDOM-Day 2/(Gevurah) JUDGEMENT

Being a leader means being disciplined and able to judge what is going on around you even in the midst of chaos. This week I have a friend just getting past their father's death, another friend whose mother just died overseas, the death of the mom of one of my rabbis and today the death of the poet Maya Angelou. The words of psalm 23 keep going through my brain: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." To me the line means that if I put my faith in the right thing clarity will be mine. You need to keep the vision of where you want to go and where you need to be then judge whether the opportunity being given you is going to help that vision. If it is not going to do that then perhaps you need to be leading elsewhere. There are many paths going up the side of any mountain and you just have to find which trail is yours. If you do then "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever." 

After nightfall on Wednesday:

BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM 
ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the counting of the Omer.

Today is forty-four days which is six weeks and two days of the omer.

No comments:

Post a Comment